I’ve been collecting all my used up products to do another one of these posts and I’ve waited so long to post it, that I almost have another full basket! Talk about procrastination. Most of the time it’ll be skin care that’s used up, because I am addicted to skin care. I want to try everything new and everything that claims to make my skin more radiant, clear, younger, smoother, and even. I’ve been trying to kick my make-up wipe habit but it’s just so easy to use them to remove and then follow with a cleanser instead of faffing around with bioderma, cleansing oils, and other remover liquids.
1. Neutrogena Deep Clean Wipes ($6) – Used to be my favourite because it could remove anything, but they smell strongly of alcohol. I no longer purchase them because of it.
2. Up&Up Exfoliating Cucumber Wipes ($5) – These did not do anything. I would have to use at least 2 wipes to remove my make-up and even then there would still be left overs.
3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Wipes ($7) – These are my go-to wipes right now. They have a really pleasant smell (side note: Everyone I let borrow one says they love the smell of them). And they remove the make-up really well. I’ve loved a lot of the “Positively Radiant” line, so far.
4. Proactiv Step 3 : Clearing Lotion – Step 3 is the best part of the whole 3 step program. Some of the vending machines/kiosks will let you just buy this step. It’s a definite must for bad acne days.
5. Lush Mask of Magnaminty ($25) – Best clay mask ever!! Has a great smell & great pay off! I will be re-purchasing once I use up the rest of my clay mask collection.
6. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($50) – This stuff will always be my favourite facial oil. It smells amazing, sinks in quickly, and works miracles. The smaller bottle seen here lasted me a full year, so don’t let them talk you into the bigger bottle!
7. Neutrogena’s All In One Makeup Removing Cleansing Lotion ($6) – This stuff sucked!! It didn’t do at all what it claimed. I ended up using it as a brush cleaner and it still didn’t work well for that so I threw it out.
8. Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Bubble Bath ($10) – I’m not a fan of their body washes but I love their bubble baths and this scent is one of my favourites.
9. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation ($8) – This foundation is really good at making you look awake! It looks like there is chunks of glitter when looking at the bottle but don’t let it fool you. It is a really good medium coverage. Really oily girls beware though, it may not last long on your skin type.
10. Make-Up For Ever HD Primer – This is only a sample, but it had a lot of product! It lasted me a good month. I definitely liked the effects but I’m still a primer sceptic, so I think I’ll stick to samples.
11. Satin Smooth Ultimate Collagen Eye Lift ($15) – I bought these at a beauty supply store (Cosmoprof) with the intentions of bringing them to a wedding I was in. I bought two packs enough for the bride, each bridesmaid, and one tester. I used the tester a month before the wedding and thank goodness because I had the worst reaction!! My skin looked burnt, bright red, flaky, dry and super tight all around my eyes. I would have felt so bad if I didn’t test this and it happened to the bride and everyone else before the big day!
12. Tresemme Heat Protectant ($5) – One of my favourites! Any recommendations for other for others would be much appreciated.
13. Salon Quality Dry Shampoo ($4) – Didn’t make my hair feel clean, nor did it give any volume. It left a sticky residue and just left my hair feeling dirtier.