1. Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote – $295 : I haven’t decided if I want it in brown, black, or burgundy quite yet, any suggestions?2. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera – $100.00 : I’ve wanted a polaroid camera for a long time now and I love how this one is so small and compact. It also has boxes of tie dye or holiday themed film strips you can buy which look adorable.
3. Kate Spade Cooper or Cooper Grand watch – $195 : I got my KS Gramercy Grand watch on my last birthday and I’ve loved it ever since. Since then I’ve been wanting a smaller, leather version that’s more casual!
4. Aldo Salazie Bootie – $140 : I am in NEED of some little black booties. Something to pair my leather leggings with on cold fall days. This pair is perfect and I love them in the taupe color as well!
5. Jennifer Zeuner Wishbone Necklace – $143.00 : I have an old wishbone necklace that was my absolute favorite and I wore it till it wore out, now I just have it laying on my desk as a reminder. It’s my favorite everyday necklace because it’s so unique and subtle.
6. Lorac Pro Palette – $42.00 : I’ve wanted this palette for a long time!! Everybody else talks about the Naked & Naked 2, but this palette is perfect for me! I love all the colors in it and how it is half matte/half shimmer. I need this for the holidays, especially with that beautiful garnet color!
1. What fall trend are you most excited for?
I am most excited about leather and denim!! Pairing leather leggings with denim vests and leather skirts with denim shirts. The contrast between the two fabrics works really well together.
2. What is your favorite fall beauty product?
I’m not big on deep , dark colors. When I think of a fall product I just go straight to dark lips, which I never really do. I’ve been really into my MAC lipstick in Angel right now. It’s the most amazing “my lips but better” color. And my Wet & Wild liquid liner in black. I love winged liner in the Fall/Winter time.
3. What is your favorite fall drink?
I am such a failure at Fall beauty products and drinks because I way prefer summer stuff in that department. I love Fall, but purely for the clothing choices. So I guess I’ll say my favorite fall drink is Cranberry Ginger Ale!!
4. What is your favorite fall scent?
Vanilla! I love wearing anything with vanilla notes in it for Fall. Right now I’ve been wearing the plain Vanilla body mist from Bath & Body Works. But I’m going to go try some of the LAVANILA scents they have at Sephora. I’m thinking Vanilla & Grapefruit sounds good.
5. Which fall trend do you hate?
Hmm…. I can’t really think of an exact trend that I hate. The array of patterned leggings that’s out there these days is a bit much. Zebra print, leopard, floral, polka dots. It’s all just a little overkill.
6. What is your Halloween costume this year?
I’m seriously not the biggest fan of Halloween. When I was little I used to cry my eyes out the whole time we would trick or treat. But, if I did dress up I think I would be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz!
7. What is your favorite fall song?
This is an old song but I am so into John Mayer this fall season. The song “Gravity” is amazing to belt out in the car. I’ve also been playing Second Narrows on repeat! The song “This was a secret until now” is my all time favorite. Also, the girl in the band is from my home town and I’m good friends with her sister! You guys need to check them out on Itunes!
8. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
I was always excited to get Caramilk when I was trick or treating. I never really buy that candy bar ever, the only time I’ll ever have it is around Halloween/Fall time.
9. Favorite Fall hair product?
I love wavy/curly hair for fall and my two favorite products to achieve the look is the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray and Redken Wool Shake. You would think these products are totally summery, but they add amazing texture to your hair, make it gritty, and hold looks for much longer
10. Favorite Fall Nail Polish?
100% every year I am most excited to paint my nails with OPI’s “Lincoln Park After Dark”. It’s a very deep purple that looks black in the bottle but has a purple tone on your nails. You really can’t get away with this color in the summer so I get my use out of it in Fall.
11. Most worn clothing item & accessory?
Leather leggings, thigh-high boots, and some chunky, long, warm sweater. Those are my basics to any easy thrown together outfit. Sometimes I’ll add extras like a leather jacket, scarf or denim vest. My go to accessories are my big gold watch and lots of rings!
12. Favorite Halloween movie?
I love Halloweentown! My boyfriend got me hooked on that movie, I had never seen it before but now the past 3 years I watch them all. Other than that, I love Hocus Pocus and Double, Double, Toil & Trouble. Who doesn’t love a little Mary Kate & Ashley at the holidays?
I’ve been a lover of Lush’s “Fresh Face Mask’s” for a long time. I have tried “Cupcake” and “Ayesha” before and thought it was about time to give another one a try. I first started by washing my face with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser on a Clarisonic and then toned my face with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner.
I chose “Cosmetic Warrior” because it said it was good for troubled/acne prone skin, which is exactly what I am at the moment. This mask contains tea tree leaves, kaolin (a type of white clay), and garlic. The garlic is highly anti-bacterial, while the other two are good for healing acne. This sounded promising to me, so I snatched it up.
First impression, it smells horrible!!!! It smells like your rubbing dirt all over your face. I was expecting a more “garlic-y” fragrance, but nope. I applied it generously to my entire face and let it sit for 10 minutes. This mask is very chunky, with bits of garlic and leave pieces. It hardened slightly in some places, while others stayed sticky. I removed it with a warm wash cloth, leaving it on my face for a few minutes to break up the harder areas and then wiping off.
First thing after my face felt baby smooth, the smell didn’t linger, and my acne already looked lessened. I followed with my Tea Tree Toner spray also from Lush and then applied my Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer. In the morning most my acne was gone. I do have red scarring left over from them (never pick your zits!!) but the area is smooth and easily covered with foundation. The scarring will leave me in time; I didn’t expect the mask to work miracles, but it was pretty close! I’m excited to use the rest up before it expires on Oct. 20th!
Product Rating: 4/5
(one point less purely because of the horrid smell!)
I religiously use Bioderma for makeup removing but in Canada, it’s expensive. Thirty dollars expensive, to be exact. I wasn’t exactly in the mood to spend that much on a 250mL bottle and decided to buy something instead while I wait for one of their 2 for 1 sales at Shoppers Drug Mart. I went to Wal-Mart with the intentions of buying the newest Maybelline “Clean Express” but the liquid version was sold out and I didn’t want the gel version.
So I cheaped out and bought the “Expert Eyes” for 4.96$. One of the worst decisions ever!! First of all, I should have been smart enough to read the ingredients list before buying and noticed that Mineral Oil was at the top. I try to stay away from Mineral Oil in every way possible. It is known for clogging skin and creating breakouts and I get enough as is, I don’t need to cause more with my skin care products.
Other than the Mineral Oil annoyance, it is very dry for a liquid. I would soak a cotton pad and hold it to my eye for 10 seconds and it would feel like there was no product on it and it wouldn’t remove any of my make-up either.
Since using this product my right eye has been extremely sensitive and sore, like I have a bruise. There is no bump or redness indicating a sty, so my guess is that the M.O irritated my eye area.
Safe to say, this product will be going in the garbage and I’ll be running to Shopper’s to purchase my Bioderma. Now, I know not to stray from what I love!!
Did anybody else find the Emmy’s fashion to be lacking this year? There were a few I liked but none that I totally fell in love with. That being said I was super excited that Anna Gunn won best actress and Breaking Bad won best drama! I immediately turned off the Emmy’s after that award and put on the new episode of Breaking Bad!! I am so excited for the finale, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to die.
But back to the Emmy’s red carpet, here are a few of my favorite looks: