The Oscars were last night and my house was lucky enough to keep power long enough to watch the whole thing. The wind and snow were intense last night; breakers were blowing and branches were breaking all over the neighborhood. Recent awards ceremonies I haven’t been too excited on many outfits but last night I loved a lot of the looks but I narrowed it down to my top 5!
1. Jennifer Lawrence
2. Kate Hudson
She is my favorite actress and every red carpet she seems to kill it! This Versace dressed looked flawless on her and it got even better when she removed the cape like draping when she presented an award.
3. Olivia Wilde (& Jason Sudeikis)
4. Sandra Bullock
Could Gravity have won any more awards?! I was never drawn to seeing that movie but now after the Oscars, I feel like I need to! I loved this deep navy Alexander McQueen gown on her with her side swept curls. Elegance at its best.
5. Angelina Jolie ( & Brad Pitt)
Another duo, I know! But the guys looked just as great that evening. Angelina Jolie is never one of my favorites, I’m not sure why. This long sleeve, beaded Elie Saab dress was perfection on her. She was glowing and looked super feminine.
Another few honorable mentions of my other favorites were:
- Kerry Washington: Uhhh hello gorgeous pregnant lady in purple!
– Lupito Nyong’o: Nirobi Blue. Enough said.
– Jennifer Garner: That fringe was gorgeous but her hair was my favorite.
– Anne Hathaway: Someone I’m not usually a fan of looked gorgeous in Gucci.
– Emma Watson: This metallic Vera Wang top & skirt was everything to me.